Rescue Dogs for Adoption

Hello. My name is Tam. I live in Orange County, and I rescue dogs. This is my blog on my rescue dogs. They are looking for new homes. If you know anybody who is looking for a dog, please let them know about my blog. You can e-mail my posts to your friends by clicking an e-mail icon below each post. Please spread the word about rescued animals. Pets are always available for adoption at local animal shelters, too. Please always think about adopting first when you look for a pet.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Shhhhhh....Collar Off

Today I took Millaii's collar off while we played outside, for the first time since her surgery!

Welcome back, Millaii!!!

You look great!

You can look a little happier if you like


Collar or no collar - the most favorite place

Millaii bosses around. Grooming Anko for a starter

It was great to see her shape again.
Millaii looked a little confused at first. She had gotten used to wearing the cone, maybe she thought it would be like that forever.

Then she went right off to the cat observatory.  The same old cat family, Millaii never gets tired of them.
After watching the cats for a long while, Millaii started grooming Anko.
It looked like Millaii wanted to remind Anko that she was still the boss.
I'm guessing Millaii probably raised Anko at their old home, which makes Millaii Anko's adoptive mother!
No wonder Millaii acts so bossy around Anko all the time.

I have been walking the three for the last 4 days or so. Millaii is doing great.
I think she is almost back in perfect shape. She looks strong and well.

After the walk I put the cone back on her. I was worried at first if she would let me put it back on her because it's such an annoyance. But amazingly, she did. She let me put it back on her head without giving me a hassle.
I was so thankful for her trust in me.

I take care of her.
In the meantime, I train her.
I try to train her so she can be a good dog so her new owner will have it easy and won't have problems with her.
Sometimes I yell at her or get impatient and even act mean to her.
Every time I lose my temper with her, I feel sorry afterwards.

This is a dog who had been neglected for 2 years. This is the dogs who was chained to the kennel and wasn't given a chance to enjoy living with people - which must be the ultimate joy of all dogs. This is the dog who had been abandoned by her owner. She was going to be sent to the pound. Millaii would have been killed after 3 days if it had happened.

Yet, she trusts me.
I look her in the eye again and see the trust, and also see deep sorrow.
The cone? No, it's deeper. Forever love? Yes that must be it.

Another week and she can kiss the cone good-bye!

Can't wait, can we, Millaii??



I have newly posted an ad of Millaii on craigslist



=================================================

ANKO and MILLAII are up for adoption. They need new homes.
I am fostering them until they can find nice new owners.
They are current with their shots.
Millaii is spayed. Anko will be spayed on 11/15.


Please e-mail me if you are interested in either Millaii or Anko (or both), or if you have questions, or if you know of anybody who may be interested in them. We live in Cypress, California. 15 mins from Disneyland.

You can foster her for a few days to see if she is a good fit for your family. I will always take her back if you decided she is not the right pet for you.


PLEASE also see the profile of "Millaii"

PLEASE also see the profile of "Anko"

No comments:

Post a Comment