Rescue Dogs for Adoption

Hello. My name is Tam. I live in Orange County, and I rescue dogs. This is my blog on my rescue dogs. They are looking for new homes. If you know anybody who is looking for a dog, please let them know about my blog. You can e-mail my posts to your friends by clicking an e-mail icon below each post. Please spread the word about rescued animals. Pets are always available for adoption at local animal shelters, too. Please always think about adopting first when you look for a pet.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Dog Beach!!!!!!

Now that Millaii and Anko are current with the shots, they can go to public places like dog parks and dog beaches, except Anko is in heat I have to watch out for her.



Today was Saturday, and we didn't have any plan. Naturally we decided to go to the beach as we always do when we don't have anything to do. Beach is always a great idea. Never a disappointment.

Just get there, be on the sand, soak up the sun, smell the ocean air, and you feel better.

Since Ginger came into my life in December 2009, every time I go to the beach, I go to a dog beach with her.
No leash. Ginger loves it. She loves finding a fast runner who can keep up with her (she runs like the wind!), and racing with him.
I love watching the dogs at the beach having fun. They are all happy, it clearly shows on their faces.

I decided to take Ginger, Anko and Millaii to the dog beach in Long Beach.
I would be Anko and Millaii's very first time at the beach!

My only concern was that they may get hostile towards other dogs out of fear, and with Anko being in heat, all of the "unfixed" male dogs would get turned on by whatever she is doing, and chase her.
I had never seen how female dogs in heat and unfixed males dogs would act with each other, I wasn't sure if Anko would be safe there with other dogs, or if I should even take her to the beach.

Well, I went anyway. I took my kids, and I had asked a friend of mine, Michiko, to come along and help me, so she came too.
2 grown-ups, 2 kids and 3 dogs in my 1996 Camry - wasn't exactly what I would call a fun ride, but we got there safely.

To my surprise, the beach wasn't crowded. In fact, it seemed like there were much fewer people (and dogs, of course) than I would expect on a Saturday.

Good!

I first let Ginger off the leash. Then Millaii, and lastly Anko.
We watched them look around, walk, run, smell and ......smile.
Anko and Millaii was just fine. They looked very happy and excited.
Millaii ran with Ginger chasing each other for a long time.
Anko enjoyed sniffing small dogs that passed us by.


Millaii looks very happy!


  Anko and Ginger stroll on the sand


Sure, a few "unfixed" male dogs visited us, or rather, Anko. They persistently followed Anko, or rather, Anko's butt.
Sniffing so excitedly....one of them got his paw on her back and wanted to get on her. She screamed "NO!!!" and the poor guy's owner had to pull him away by his collar.
Over all, it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be, and Anko had stayed intact.
But my, my, my...sniffing one in heat out of all the dogs on the beach...Those doggy noses are really something!

We threw some balls and Ginger and Millaii had so much fun chasing and catching them.
Anko was busy watching other dogs and going over to say hello.
Both Anko and Millaii were very good with the others. No aggression, only a little bow-wows and woof-woofs.
Beautiful!



Fun! Fun! Fun!!!




Anko watching other dogs

These girls are social, well-behaved, gentle and fun loving. Good dogs!

It was worth going to the beach. Just finding out what great dogs Millaii and Anko were was so worth the efforts and worries.
I'm so happy they are alive.
That's all that counts today because they are still here in this world.


=================================================

ANKO and MILLAII are up for adoption. They need new homes.
I am fostering them until they can find nice new owners.
They are current with their shots.
Millaii will be spayed on 10/13. Anko will be spayed sometime in November.


Please e-mail me if you are interested in either Millaii or Anko (or both), or if you have questions, or if you know of anybody who may be interested in them. We live in Cypress, California. 15 mins from Disneyland.

You can foster her for a few days to see if she is a good fit for your family. I will always take her back if you decided she is not the right pet for you.


PLEASE also see the profile of "Millaii"

PLEASE also see the profile of "Anko"


  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment