Rescue Dogs for Adoption

Hello. My name is Tam. I live in Orange County, and I rescue dogs. This is my blog on my rescue dogs. They are looking for new homes. If you know anybody who is looking for a dog, please let them know about my blog. You can e-mail my posts to your friends by clicking an e-mail icon below each post. Please spread the word about rescued animals. Pets are always available for adoption at local animal shelters, too. Please always think about adopting first when you look for a pet.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Millaii is officially SPAYED!!!

Finally it's done, and she is doing fine....well, considering what had happened to her.
Everything went as planned time-wise, which was great.
I am very tired but I guess I am more worried about Millaii than I can feel how tired I am.

When I dropped her off at the clinic, she looked so anxious. And I must have too. Ginger and Anko did too (I took them with us with the help of my neighbor)

First someone in the office said they would give her what they called the "pre-anesthetic medication", so Millaii and I went to one of the examining rooms and waited.

There she was, in that room with me, waiting for that shot. Scared...


A vet-nurse came in, and gave it to her.
No cry. She had been totally silent since we had walked in to the clinic.
She must have sensed something weired. Of course.
Other dogs were equally quiet - except for one black German Shepherd who kept barking at everything..or nothing.

After the shot, the nurse took her to another room. He said, "pick her up between 2 and 4!"
Then Millaii disappeared with him...

I went home, took the other kid to school, then took Ginger and Anko to the dog park, and walked them.
A couple of strangers yelled at me.
"Hey, where is the other dog?"

A sight of a small woman walking 3 big dogs must be something people can easily remember.

I went to pick up Millaii at around 3:30pm.
I had already picked up my kids and this time, I went by myself.

I signed papers and paid the fees. Then they took me to where Millaii was.
She was in one of the individual cages in the back of the building. Very cleanly maintained, and was very quiet.

I saw Millaii looking up at me. She looked very weak. Of course. She had just had an open-belly surgery.
She had a big cone-shaped "Elizabeth Collar" on. This is to avoid the animal from licking or biting the operated or injured areas.
I have never had a pet that has to wear this collar before, this is going to be a new challenge for both Millaii and myself.


Weak but cute with the collar


Pretty big, isn't it?



I was told by the nurse not to walk or exercise her for 2 weeks, and to go back there in 2 weeks to remove the staples and the collar, that would be 10/27. After that she will be back in perfect shape!

I was also told to give her a third of what she would normally eat and drink for dinner.
Millaii looked so weak and drowsy I didn't think she would even want to eat, but apparently she was hungry. As soon as I started cooking dinner, she walked over to where I could see her! Some strength. Good sign.

I gave her a little less than I normally give her (I gave her a 1/3 at first, but she still seemed very hungry...I couldn't say no), and she devoured everything. She drank a little bit of water, then got very drowsy again.

It's hard to see someone you love, a person or an animal, in their weak state. Your heart breaks even if you know this is for the better.

Anyway, the surgery is done, Millaii is doing fine.
After now, things will go better and better and better...so Don't worry, Millaii.


I lifted her up on her favorite couch


"Hey, what is that on your head?" "Shut up and leave me alone"



=================================================

ANKO and MILLAII are up for adoption. They need new homes.
I am fostering them until they can find nice new owners.
They are current with their shots.
Millaii will be spayed on 10/13. Anko will be spayed sometime in November.


Please e-mail me if you are interested in either Millaii or Anko (or both), or if you have questions, or if you know of anybody who may be interested in them. We live in Cypress, California. 15 mins from Disneyland.

You can foster her for a few days to see if she is a good fit for your family. I will always take her back if you decided she is not the right pet for you.


PLEASE also see the profile of "Millaii"

PLEASE also see the profile of "Anko"

No comments:

Post a Comment