Rescue Dogs for Adoption

Hello. My name is Tam. I live in Orange County, and I rescue dogs. This is my blog on my rescue dogs. They are looking for new homes. If you know anybody who is looking for a dog, please let them know about my blog. You can e-mail my posts to your friends by clicking an e-mail icon below each post. Please spread the word about rescued animals. Pets are always available for adoption at local animal shelters, too. Please always think about adopting first when you look for a pet.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Shiba-Inu for adoption!

OK, so dogs need new homes will never end.
I hope one day it will but realistically probably not within my lifetime.

We got a new dog to foster. This time it's a Shiba-inu, a tiny Japanese dog that looks just like a fox.



She was rescued from a shelter by a member of ICARE dog rescue. Apparently her owner got her with a purpose of breeding, then the AKC rejected her for "not having the right tail".
So what did the owner do?
Went ahead and drop her off at the shelter.

Shiba-inu is one of Japan's 6 designated Natural Monument dog breeds. They are ancient, have lived with the people in Japan as long as everybody can remember. They have been popular in other countries these years, too, yet, they are not that commonly available in the United States.
You would be paying hundreds of dollars if you buy them from pet stores and breeders.

So for those facts alone, makes you wonder how someone will just dump a Shiba-inu at a shelter. She could have sold it and got some money back. How about petfinder.com and craigslist?



I look at the dog, and see the distinctive look, the unmistakable look of a Shiba-Inu.
WHY?
Well, for now let's put the WHY part aside, and onto the info.

I have had her for 2 days and this is my observations by far.
  • Must be young - the way she walks and behaves, tells me she is still young
  • Shots current - got the shots at the shelter
  • Spayed - very recently spayed just before she got out of the shelter. Healing well
  • Potty trained - goes outside. So far no accidents
  • Cool affectionate - Looks kind of distant but follows us everywhere quietly
  •  Clumsy with other animals - I stil don't know this for sure (of course we met yesterday), but so far, she is acting bold and blunt with other animals I have, which are 2 dogs and 2 cats. She walks into them without hesitation and makes my dogs growl and my cats hiss back at her. Maybe she is very young, and doesn't know the rules yet. Anyway, I don't see aggression from her so she is probably still learning. 
  • Stubborn - when she doesn't want to move, she wouldn't budge. The Japanese dogs are know for their stubbornness
  • Eats well - enjoying both dry/wet food I give her

WATCH HER VIDEOS

Watch her move!


Now watch her eat!


If you are interested in meeting the dog, she will be at ICARE's adoption event on this Saturday (2/5) and Sunday (2/6).

Mark your calendar because there are also other wonderful friends waiting for their forever families.

MEET YOU THERE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment