Rescue Dogs for Adoption

Hello. My name is Tam. I live in Orange County, and I rescue dogs. This is my blog on my rescue dogs. They are looking for new homes. If you know anybody who is looking for a dog, please let them know about my blog. You can e-mail my posts to your friends by clicking an e-mail icon below each post. Please spread the word about rescued animals. Pets are always available for adoption at local animal shelters, too. Please always think about adopting first when you look for a pet.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Belated Halloween!

My kids' elementary school has a pumpkin curving contest every year.
I thought this was really creative

Do you decorate your pets?

I usually don't.
I have in the past but that was on my cats and they didn't seem that happy or appreciative so I kind of moved out of that mode.

Dogs probably do a little better with costumes than cats. I saw many "Hot Dogs" strolling in the streets with their happy owners, and they do look cute and funny.

My dogs?
Well, this is all we did  - or had to be exact, for this year anyway.
In case you can't tell - I am Millaii

I still thought it was pretty funny.
Anko won't let us put them on, but Ginger did, and equally looked goofy.
I think it was our laughter that made Millaii smile, otherwise this must be a real pain in the neck.

We had a series of Halloween events this year starting on Friday morning, and ending at the night of the 31st, so the kids had stayed in their costumes for 3 days - which were Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi.
The costumes were looking miserable on the 3rd day but the kids didn't care. All they cared about at that point were of course, the candy and prizes.

We took the dogs on Trick-or-Treating and after that to the event at the nearby park where the kids got to play little games and won prizes. By the time we left for trick-or-treating, it had already gotten dark and the dogs seemed puzzled by all the weird looking people and noises.
I was a little worried about running into the Hot-Dogs, typically Chihuahuas, for they like those dogs and may get excited at them.
We did see a few of them but it all went quietly as my dogs as well as those Hot-Dogs were overwhelmed by the crazy humans.

At the park I waited with my dogs in a corner for my kids to play all the games they wanted to play, and filled their bags with prizes. The dogs were still a little nervous about so many people and noises but by that time they were tired.
I felt sorry for them for having to keep us company, but hey, this is only the beginning of the series of crazy events. You guys still don't know Thanksgiving and Christmas and don't forget...the New Year.

Millaii was curiously looking aroud at all the people 

Anko "I demand going home. Now"


All in all, it was a busy but fun Halloween.
Well, at least for me....
Don't you think, Anko? ("No")


*************************************** 
My animals have their own eating spots.
Toby eats in the cage which was originally Ginger's crate but I have come to use it more often for Toby than for Ginger as Toby cannot stay in the room with us when we eat. He crawls up on us and tries to eat our food so persistently, we always put him in the crate when we eat. When the animals eat, I let Toby eat in his cage so the dogs won't get to his food. They still hover around his cage and hope Toby makes a mess so the pieces may roll out of the cage and they get lucky.

Millaii guards cat food spills




No comments:

Post a Comment