Rescue Dogs for Adoption

Hello. My name is Tam. I live in Orange County, and I rescue dogs. This is my blog on my rescue dogs. They are looking for new homes. If you know anybody who is looking for a dog, please let them know about my blog. You can e-mail my posts to your friends by clicking an e-mail icon below each post. Please spread the word about rescued animals. Pets are always available for adoption at local animal shelters, too. Please always think about adopting first when you look for a pet.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Ginger's new collar

Happy Thanksgiving!

I didn't come from a culture where people celebrate this day so this holiday doesn't directly mean "turkey" to me.
However, as the feast fever cannot be avoided if you live in this country I have had turkeys several times before.
Looking at the piles of bags of dead turkeys sold at grocery stores, it always hurts to think about the lives to have been born into this world just to be eaten a few months later.

Luckily we don't even get visitors except for a couple of friends occasionally, we don't have to worry about food even for this huge "all-you-can-eat" holiday.
The big thing for us this year is that the kids' school is out the whole week.
So they are home for 9 consecutive days. That is far more serious a problem for us than a turkey.
Hopefully we will survive without them getting too bored without us having to entertain them constantly. Two boys work out pretty well in that sense I have to say we are lucky.
They can stay engaged in playing Sonic or watching Toy Story 3 for quite a long time. We will throw in a couple of play dates and a visit to ToysRus, we should be OK. (Am I being too optimistic?)

Now the more important subject

Ginger's new collar has arrived! Again bought on the Etsy.com handmade market.
This is the one!

And here is the picture I took of it.

Black leather - sorry it's blurry


With cute stitches



And here is Ginger wearing it.



Ginger is such a handsome girl and is always mistaken for a boy. It's really hard to find a right collar for her.
A collar that shows her coolness yet still looks somewhat feminine.
In that sense, this black one with neon colored stitches is pretty close to perfect, I think.
I'm only wishing it was a little wider so it would have more presence. Other than that, it's very well made and of great quality. I am very happy with this product.

Moving onto the next thing for my cart.
Maj's collar. Hers is probably more than 4 years old. It's time for her new wardrobe.
It's time for a little attention and respect for a lady who is the oldest in our family.

What color would be good for a tortie?

No comments:

Post a Comment